Hello and welcome back to the blog. I wanted to share one of my favorite easy recipes. I wouldn’t consider myself a gourmet chef, so I like to cook simple one-pot meals that take less than 20 minutes. This is an excellent choice for inviting company over for dinner, and the flavors are amazingly complex.
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 of a red and yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- Put olive oil into pan. Let onions cook for roughly 3 minutes
- Add ground beef into pan and let brown. Add salt
- Add diced peppers and onions and more salt.
- Add spice blend and mix thoroughly
- When peppers are soft and chewy, add some green olives for garnish
- Serve topped with avocado over sweet potatoes
Three Life Hacks
- Pre-measure all the spices into a small bowl and dump them all in at once.
- Chop the peppers, onion, and olive all before turning on the pan
- You MUST add salt between each step. I am not a chemist, but I know from experience that an unsalted dish is significantly less flavorful than a salted dish.
Hope you enjoyed this simple and tasty masterpiece! Let me know how your Puerto Rican Beef turns out! Tag (elenasgraceofficial) on Instagram